Bistro 7 at The Dragon
Former Bistro 7 owner and Head chef Brian Jones with two of his support chefs moved to the Dragon hotel at the beginning of 2016. Brian is our Head Chef and oversees the kitchen and the Bistro food offers and is also overseeing our real ale selection in the bar.
Our Bistro dining room and Bar are open daily for lunch and dinner. Food is served from 11.30am - 15.00pm and 18.00pm - 20.45pm. Whether you choose to join us for lunch or dinner, we can assure you that the finest local Welsh produce will feature on the menu. Our menu changes to ensure we serve the best produce each season has to offer. Here is our current menu*, which includes our brunch, lunch, Bistro and A la carte menus which are served in the Bar or Bistro, Monday to Saturday lunch or evening (* menu may vary on a day to day basis)
We have been building up a good reputation in recent weeks for the quality of our Sunday lunches. Each week we will have on offer a roast beef dinner, as well as one additional joint which will vary on a weekly basis. Fish and vegetarian options are also available. Click here for a sample menu. Try our absolutely delicious puddings which we know, from our own experience, are hard to resist!
For the quality of the meal, we feel these are extremely reasonably priced at: £10.95 for main course. £14.95 for two courses or £18.95 for three courses Why not give yourself a treat and book for one of our Sunday meals in the near future?
Our stylish refurbished bar has three distinct sections;
- ....The lower area features the bespoke bar with wood panelling accentuating our mix of historical building with contemporary stylish touches
- ....Then we have the new relaxing seating area , with comfortable leather sofas and seating – great for a large group of friends or family
- ....Finally the conservatory section , with large windows and subtle lighting in the evenings – this section also leads to the newly developed outside seating area Tables are set up for enjoying our excellent bistro bar menu
- A completely new Tanners wine list for both the bar and restaurant with new quality house wines.
- A new range of spirits including whiskys and upmarket gins, vodkas etc.
- A newly developed cocktail menu for Friday and Saturday evenings.
- San Miguel Lager, Stowford Press Cider as well as our continuing range of Monty’s Bitter and Stonehouse real ales.
- Our selection of real ales has expanded to 4 different ales such as our local Montys, Darwin's Origin, Fuggles Gold and The Hopfather to name but a few.